1. What are you listening to right now?
Fat Freddy's Cat
2. What song makes you sad?
Most sad songs that ever affected me tend to make me happy because the song is good. There's a couple of songs that remind me of old times, like some tracks by the Wildhearts - we'll go with "Love You 'Til I Don't".
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
There are two many to name. Technically, I'd say "the song that'll get on your nerves" (children's rhyme).
4. Your all time favourite band?
Overall, probably still the Presidents of the United States of America at the moment. But it changes a lot - past favourites have been Lit, the Wildhearts, Honeycrack, the Offspring, Green Day, Nerf Herder, Incubus, Stroke 9, DeathBoy - the list goes on, and I still love every band on it, and listen to them regularly.
5. Your newly discovered band is?
There's a couple of bands that I've been vaguely into for a while, that I just started listening to more often - like Anti-Flag.
6. Best female voice?
Oh, now you're asking for plurals? Just when I have an answer lined up - I'd go with Skin, from Skunk Ananse. But there's also the question of how people use the voices they have - there's a hell of a lot of bands I like where the singers don't have perfect voices, but use them to great effect.
7. Best male voice?
See best female voice, except I appreciate a good male voice even less, unless it's well used. Maybe Brandon Boyd from Incubus - he's got a fair amount of talent and range.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Ska, punk, ska punk, industrial, metal, indie, electronica, goth...
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
PUSA, or Less Than Jake, or Save Ferris
10. What do you listen to, to calm down?
Often the same - the only times I need to calm down are usually the times I need to cheer up.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Fuck, it was probably seeing DeathBoy at underworld and Rico at slimes - I've not been to a gig since I was in London. Maybe PUSA came after that. I'm not sure.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
PWEI - those guys rock.
13. Most hated band?
Probably Coldplay - I just can't find ANY reason for their success. One song was interesting - but all subsequent songs are the same one!
14. Song that makes you think?
I'll go with Xenia's answer - how can a good song not make you think?
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
I'll admit here to being a hideous musical elitist - if everyone in the world fell in love with my favourite band(s), I wouldn't be able to tell who has good taste. I think everyone should like Coldplay as much as I do - not at all.
16. Coolest music video?
Billy Talent - The River Below
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
Sheesh, I don't know. The chick in Violent Delight's vid for I wish I was a girl is pretty cute, but there are a shit-ton of music videos with good looking ladies in.
18. What do you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
"Sexy" music turns me off, usually - it's just so ridiculous. Something in the background, to listen to if I get bored for any reason. Haven't needed to do that for a while, 'though.
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
Just a couple ;) I can play the guitar, piano and recorder, and I've gotten a tune out of the clarinet, trumpet, flute, accordian, bassoon and I'm sure there's a couple of others I've missed out. I can keep a beat on the Bodhrán.
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Yeah, a good few. I like the pit, but usually for bands that aren't actually worth watching.
21. Are you in a band?
Not at the moment.
22. If yes, what kind of music does your band play and what is your role in it?
23. Ever dated a musician?
Yeah, a couple. Actually, thinking about it, everone I've dated has been able to play an instrument.
24. If yes, what kind of music did he/she/they play/instrument/band?
Instruments have included piano, recorder, violin, guitar, accordian and trumpet, to my knowledge.
27. If no, would you consider?
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
N/A. Well, I reckon so, anyway.
29. Best chick band you know of?
I'm gonna have to go with Mostly Mouth. Although the term is a little vague.
30. Best guy band you know of?
Again, what does that mean? We'll go with DeathBoy, they're all male.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/...etc...?
I think the last time I listened to the radio was during the London bombings... :/
32. What do you think of Classical music?
Some of it's ace.
33. What do you think of Country music?
I can handle a little country.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Presidents of the USA are probably the biggest band I've seen recently.
36. Are you a groupie?
God, I hope not. I like to let people know when I appreciate their work, but I'm not a hanger-on - I go and see bands I enjoy. And from the other definition, no, I don't like to fuck band members at shows.
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
38. What famous musician would you like to have sex with?
There tends to be a split between those musicians I find attractive, and those whose work I like - and being a bad professional musician is kind of a turn-off. So, really, none.
39. Worst concert moment?
Probably the [spunge] mosh at Reading 02 - the crowd are usually ace for their gigs, but it got really violent.
40. Funny Concert moment?
Launching "edible stomachs" at bits of the university with Zombina, Doc Horror and Luis Diabolo.
41. Sad Concert moment?
Any one of a thousand crisises friends of mine had at the Pitz, in Milton Keynes
42. Best local act you can think of?
From here? God knows.
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
Crappy question. We'll go with guitar.
44. Do you listen to the radio?
Yeah, radio 4 sometimes if there's a good show on - but usually online.
45. Do you watch music TV?
When I have access to it.
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
I know a couple of successful musicians, and as I say, I tend to like to thank people for putting on a good show.
48. Are any of your friends/family etc musicians?
Yeah, pretty much all of my family, and many of my friends.
49. Do you know how much Hello Kitty weighs?
As much as a small plastic cat?
50. Name one celebrity Kraftwerk fanboy.
Erm. Bill Bailey. Probably.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
Sometimes - not for all the bands I listen to, 'though.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Yeah, in one or two cases. But as I said earlier, I tend to find that music I'm attracted to by the looks of a band member is often crap in the end. I'm sure there are some exceptions.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
Marriage isn't really a big thing for me, but that's a whole different discussion.
54. Favourite movie sound track?
South Park: BLU, I guess. My favourite video game soundtracks are for Stubbs the Zombie and Quake 2.
55. Any musician pet hates?
Bad guitar leads.
56. What do your parents listen to?
My Dad tends to listen to folk, and some rock and roll. My mum listens to dance music a lot now - chillout/euphoria stuff, as well as some of the harder sides. She still loves her rock and roll, 'though - the Who, the Smiths, the Beatles...
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
I paused the music to browse my library for some answers! Let's see - we're on Suffer, by Bad Religeon. They should probably have been in some answer above, too.
58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
Yeah. I'm fairly into my t-shirts. I have t-shirts for bands, computer games, webcomics - I tend to wear them with a shirt, or something so that I'm not just some guy in a band t-shirt.
59. What do you think of people who do?
It's not that associating with a band makes you cool or anything like that, but I like to display my tastes - it makes it easier to work out who you can talk to without insulting.
60. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
Heh. One of my friends is adamant that I'm an indie kid at heart, but I find a lot of indie kids pretentious and boring - like anyone who defines themselves by their popular culture. I mostly hang out with punks, goths and metallers.
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Well, as I have music playing, it's "Over my head" by Lit.
62. Do you sing in the shower?
No, but I do sing when I'm walking.
63. If so, what? If not, why not?
Well, our shower is a crappy bath/shower thing, and I tend to like to sing along rather than just sing.
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
Be one. Couldn't give it up.
65. What is in your walkman/discman right now?
My iRiver has about 2/3 of my music on it.
66. How important is your partners taste in music to you?
Not as important as their taste in other media - but I couldn't really be serious about someone if I couldn't stay in the room with their music playing, I guess.
67. Hanson moves in next door to you, do you go introduce yourself, or do you arrange to beat them up?
I probably ignore them. They're unlikely to move in next door - their pad is pretty sweet - I saw it on cribs.
68. Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll, you dig?
Well, I like me some sex, and some rock and roll - but the only drug I associate with either is caffeine.
69. Do you cook to music?
70. Do you sing in the toilet?
No, not that I've noticed.