So much to do! - Rotten Circuits
So much to do!|
Ok, so now that I've got a job in Canada, whilst they are very kindly handling some of the huge hassles of moving, I/we have a BILLION THINGS to do:
- Sell all our non-transferable or unwanted stuff, like our couch and washing machine. Does anyone know where the best place to post classified ads in Aberystwyth is? There's one very empty craigslist site for Cardiff/Wales.
- Pack. I'm actually going to get started on this today, for things like books which are definitely going with us.
- Sort out a new home for Dr. President Gaius Baltar, our lovely hamster. We've had some offers already, so we're going to see what's best for him.
- Form, documents etc. for Ubisoft, mostly for sorting out my work permit. I'm sending each of these as it's ready.
- Call my Dad - I haven't talked to him about all of this yet, although he knows.
- Sort out transport for coming back for the Aberddu event?
- Some kind of party, so that the next month isn't just all stress?
- Maybe organise a visit to Cambridge and/or London or any of the other places full of people I haven't seen in years, and probably won't see for ages after I LEAVE THE COUNTRY OH GOD
Ahem. Sorry about that. Off to call my Dad and eat some breakfast.
Tags: baltar, gaius, hamster, moving, stress
On posting places for used things (ARGH bad english sorry)
- try Morrisons or some of the laundry places - the one on Bridge street is the best. Also the Cambrian News is a great place. Is freecycle still running?
- Don't worry about the whole never going to see people again, you'll most likely be back every year to catch up and what not.
- Enjoy! It's a great big adventure you're on, you'll love it!
Congrats again, very much awesome.
John says he'd be happy to come pick you up from the airport for the event, and probably be able to drop you off at the airport again later, if that would help at all?
Ben is moving into an unfurnished appartment in a week or two, so I have told him to speak to you, in case there's any stuff you're getting rid of that he could buy off you guys.
And my offer of help cleaning/packing/transporting stuff in my car still stands.
People put ads in the Cambrian news for stuff? Dunno how much it costs, though.
That would be awesome, actually - really make the event trip easier.
Which Ben is it that's moving?
Shuttleworth, is moving to Hereford